- 1 pound meatballs – short cut – buy Costco or other prepared meatballs if you're in a hurry (who isn't)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and jalepenos
- 1 can low salt tomato sauce (or homemade)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tsp. Wow-a Chihuahua™ seasoning chopped cilantro and chives as garnish
- Home made - make meatballs 1" rounds – homemade we use about 3/4 pound ground chuck.
- Store bought – 1 to 2 pound(s) and thaw
- Heat olive oil and add crushed garlic.
- Sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Add meatballs and brown over fairly high heat and cook until browned.
- Turn down heat to low and drain off any olive oil or juices.
- While meatballs are cooking take a medium-size sauce pan and add both cans of diced tomatoes and sauce.
- Warm up sauce and then add to the meat balls.
- Warm thoroughly and then put everything in a casserole and place in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with chopped chive and cilantro as garnish.
If you're trying add some fat grams you can shake a little grated Monterray Jack cheese on top. We do this in N. E. Ohio to survive the winters. Easy and delicious, this is great party fare.