-Patsy, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Use the amount you need to meet the number you are serving. I always use 3/4 cup of yams and apples because they shrink a little and people love them!
- Yams or sweet potatoes
- Gala, Fugi, Granny Smith Apples
- Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- Small chunks of butter if you want to add a little
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and scrub yams – dry and cut into bite-size pieces peel off any bad spots. Don’t remove the skin.
- Apples washed, cored and cut into bite-size pieces..
- Toss yams in a bowl, drizzle canola oil over to coat.
- Generously shake Yellow Dog over the mixture. Add chunks of butter if you’d like to add a little extra flavor.
- Pour into a roasting pan and roast at 450 stirring often for about 10 minutes. Add apples and mix well.
- Roast until they are golden brown.
- Note: you can use any type of apple, but use firm ones. I like to mix varieties too.