Right now the Krause household is into wraps. It’s late summer and the good stuff just keeps coming out of the garden. And this super-easy recipe dresses up flatbread for wrapping around a favorite sandwich (our favorite is listed below!) or serving in wedges with a hummus appetizer.
- 4-6 pieces of flatbread or pita pockets
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- Awesome Antler Rub™
- Preheat grill (or skillet large enough to hold 1 pita).
- Brush flatbread with olive oil, then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of Awesome Antler Rub.
- Place flatbread oiled side down on the grill and grill 1-2 minutes. Don't let it burn! While the first side is grilling, brush other side with olive oil, sprinkle with another 1/2 tsp. of Awesome Antler Rub.
- Flip flatbread and grill 1 minute more.
- Grilled flatbread
- Sliced Avacado
- Lay out a piece of grilled flatbread.
- Top with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and, for a twist, sliced avacado. (Hint: if your avacado is bland, sprinkle it with some Red Dog Belly Rub!)
- For added variety, we've been known to substitute broccoli sprouts for the lettuce and prosciutto for the bacon.