This recipe is sooooooooo good; I made it twice in one week!
Brown Dog Chili Rellenos
- 5 Poblano chili peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 palmful raisins
- 2 cups half and half
- grated orange peel
- 1 cup toasted pecans minced
- Roast poblanos, remove skins, cut in half and remove seeds.
- In skillet place EVOO, add ground turkey, onion, garlic, and cook for 5 minutes. Add Brown Dog, cumin, chicken broth, ketchup, or tomato paste.
- Cook until blended. Add raisins and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, put half and half in small saucepan with toasted pecans and orange zest and reduce.
- Put turkey mixture into poblanos and spoon reduced sauce over top.