– Matt, Geneva, Ohio
Well, the snow has melted and it’s time to fire up the grill.
Purrfect Flank Steak
- Flank Steak
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Rowdy Kitty Rub™
- Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Rub a flank steak with about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle Rowdy Kitty Rub generously on both sides of the flank steak.
- Let the seasoned flank steak rest at room temperature for 1/2 hour to an hour.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat. Drop in a tablespoon of butter once the pan is hot. Place the flank steak in the pan and cook for 8 minutes on each side (for rare to medium rare). If the flank steak is particularly thick, say 1" or more, cook for another minute or so on each side.
- Alternatively, grill the flank steak over hot coals for 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove flank steak from pan and let rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board.
- Cut meat across the grain in thin slices at about a 45 degree angle.
- Pile the slices on a plate and pour the collected juices over the meat and serve.
- Note: Flank steak shouldn't be cooked much more than medium rare at the most. A well-done flank steak is a ruined flank steak.
- Sally: Ditto that!