- These will get you through the last series, especially if you give a couple to the judges;-) These yummy bars are free of nuts, gluten and dairy.
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup hulled, pumpkin seeds, roasted (pepitas)
- 1 cup hulled, roasted sun flower seeds - unsalted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 dark brown sugar - packed
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line and 8" square pan with parchment paper
- Combine dates with water in a sauce pan and simmer for 4 minutes or until tender (drain and reserve)
- Combine oats, pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame seeds, apricots, coconut, brown sugar, Yellow Dog Sweet Shake, oat flour and canola oil in a bowl and to to combine. Stir in dates and mix thoroughly. Use a spatula to press the mixture firmly into the pan to make an even layer. Shake on Yellow Dog Sweet Shake on the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is evenly golden. Let cool completely.
- Use the parchment to lift out the the bars. Use a serated knife to cut them into bars. Keep in a sealed airtight container and throw them in the truck!